Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

Posted May 07, 2012 04:58 PM

On my campus WLAN, I am running 802.1x authentication on my WPA2-Enterprise WLAN.  I need to convert a mobile cart that only has an ethernet port to wireless.  I would like to convert one of my AP-105s to a bridge so that the mobile cart can plug into the eth0 of the AP-105 and the AP-105 will connect to the WPA2-Enterprise network via wireless using 802.1x credentials.  Is this possible?  Are there instructions as to how to do this?  I've been combing the forums and KB articles and docs and cannot find instructions.  It looks to me like you can only bridge a CAP with two CAPs and a PSK between them.

I am running ArubsOS 6.1.2.7.

Thanks!

Jodie

• 2.  RE: Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2012 07:08 PM

You would convert the AP to a mesh point, and any AP that the AP-105 would connect to, to a mesh portal.

• 3.  RE: Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

Posted May 08, 2012 09:00 AM

Hmm.  Ok.  The problem is this is a video conference cart and it will get moved around and I won't know which AP it is going to associate with.  I don't know that I would want to convert the whole campus to mesh portals right?

Does anyone know of a wireless bridge device that can support WPA2-Enterprise so that I can authenticate to the wireless with 802.1x credentials that I designate for this cart and then the video conference device can plug in via ethernet?  I am having trouble finding one that supports WPA2-Enterprise.

TIA!

• 4.  RE: Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network

Posted Jul 28, 2015 02:54 PM

Same question...any additional info?

@jcrouch wrote:

Does anyone know of a wireless bridge device that can support WPA2-Enterprise so that I can authenticate to the wireless with 802.1x credentials that I designate for this cart and then the video conference device can plug in via ethernet?  I am having trouble finding one that supports WPA2-Enterprise.

• 5.  RE: Configure AP-105 in bridge mode for WPA2-Enterprise network
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 28, 2015 03:03 PM