Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configure SSID from bridge mode to tunnel mode

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Configure SSID from bridge mode to tunnel mode

Posted Feb 29, 2016 01:59 AM

Hello.

I need to reconfigure all my ssid from bridge to tunnel mode because we need to have more control about the packets for a better troubleshooting. I have one question. is raidus accounting supported in tunnel mode (for vlan assignement? I suppose that the response is "yes" but i haven't find anything about it and i need to be sure before change all.

Regards

• 2.  RE: Configure SSID from bridge mode to tunnel mode
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 29, 2016 03:55 AM

Radius accounting is supported in tunnel mode, yes.

• 3.  RE: Configure SSID from bridge mode to tunnel mode

Posted Mar 07, 2016 06:16 AM

Thanks. I supposed that should be valid. One question only. I have a few doubts about the configuration. Since the ssid is configured in tunnel mode, when I configure the vlan on it, I must set only de default vlan, isn't it? The vlan selected by the role in the radius will be changed later to the correct one and the vlan configured in the ssid will not be used. Is correct? or i have to configure all vlans that can be assigned by the radius?

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Configure SSID from bridge mode to tunnel mode
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 07, 2016 06:48 AM

You only need to set the "Default" VLAN in the Virtual AP profile.  The default VLAN is the VLAN assigned to the client if no VLAN information is received in the radius response.  Most clients will just authenticate successfully and be placed into this default VLAN.  If you want clients to be placed into a different VLAN, you need to make sure that the controller has (1) the vlan created (2) the VLAN is trunked to the controller or assigned to an access port on the controller and (3) you send back an Aruba-User-VLAN radius attribute with that vlan.  When you send back that attribute in the radius response, it will override the default VLAN defined.