Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring CPSEC.

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Configuring CPSEC.

Posted Jan 23, 2013 12:50 PM

Hello.  In the next few weeks I am looking forward to rolling out 73 AP-105's at a new site.  The customer has several other sites already mostly utilising AP-65's. It has been suggested to me that I can use CPSEC to speed up the provisioning process.

What I want to know is; what affect will this have on the other existing APs hanging off the customers controller?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Configuring CPSEC.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 23, 2013 01:24 PM

CPSEC will not decrease the time required for deployment.  It will certainly add a reboot for new access points.

• 3.  RE: Configuring CPSEC.

Posted Jan 24, 2013 04:45 AM

Thanks both.  Maybe I misunderstood the benefits.

Manual provisioning it is then!

:smileyindifferent:

• 4.  RE: Configuring CPSEC.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2013 06:56 AM

If you want to rename an AP before it comes up, you can do it using the instructions in the thread here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Access-Points/Mass-provisioning-500-campus-APs/td-p/11093

That could avoid the extra time to go in and rename APs.

• 5.  RE: Configuring CPSEC.

Posted Jan 23, 2013 01:25 PM

I am not sure how CPsec would speed up the provisioing proces; but if you enable it in your enviornment, it will force all APs in the infrastructure to reboot.   For older APs that do not have a TPM chip (like the AP-65 your customer has), this will require additional reboots as they require a certificate in software.