Wireless Access

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

Posted Dec 12, 2017 12:57 PM

I currently have an AP-135 with 2 Enet ports.  One is for my wireless connections and the other port I want to configure with another VLAN (5) so I can hang a laptop off of it and get the right IP to it.  I cannot find the old docs online. 

I started by going to Configuration > AP Specific > Edit "AP-135"

Select AP --> Ethernet Interface 1 port configuration.  In the Wired AP profile I slected the Switchport mode, Access mode VLAN (5) and native VLAN (5).  Saved and bounced.  Plugged the laptop and got nothing.  Any direction here would be great.

• 2.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 01:36 PM
    What is the forwarding mode for that wired AP profile? If it is tunneled, the clients will be tunneled to back to the controller and sent out of whatever interface is assigned to the switchport acess vlan.

• 3.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:08 PM

It is set to tunnel.  Switchport mode is acess and Access Mode VLAN to the one I want (5).

• 4.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:10 PM
    Does that vlan exist on your controller? Make sure the interface is a also trusted.

• 5.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:37 PM

Yes. The VLAN exists on the Controller. Trusted was unchecked. 

• 6.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:42 PM

Selected Trused, saved and even rebooted.  Stil not passing traffic.

• 7.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:42 PM

I mean in the wired ap profile, it should be trusted.  Switchport mode should be access.  Switchport access VLAN should be your vlan (5).

• 8.  RE: Configuring Enet1 with Different VLAN than default - Old

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 12, 2017 02:51 PM

You should not have to reboot for any of the setting to work.

The only thing I can guess is that you are just using 802.3af (standard poe power), instead of 802.3at (higher powered POE).  If you don't have higher power, the seond ethernet port will not come up.  From the AP-135 datasheet:

Screenshot 2017-12-12 at 11.50.34.pnghttps://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=8449