Wireless Access

Highlighted
New Contributor

Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central

Good afternoon - 

I am attempting to get a group of AP-515's in a new office configured. I have them accessible in Aruba Central, but they have obtained an IP assignment via DHCP. 

I would like to configure their IPs manually (in a different VLAN), but do not seem to be able to see how to change the IP assignment of the devices in Aruba Central. I saw the console window, and thought I might be able to figure out how to do it there, but am unable to log in to the AP's console that way. I have tried "admin", "password" and the device serial number for the admin@localhost password, but none of them work.

This particular office is over 500 miles from me, and my employer has imposed strict travel bans, so I am unable to travel there.

I might be able to get an employee onside, but if I can do what I need to do without bothering an employee, that would be ideal.

Can someone help me out?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Configuring IP address for an AP-515 managed by Aruba Central

To update:

I managed to find how to set the IP to static, however the device is not using the static assignment that I placed in there.

Not sure what to do at this point.

I really want to get them all statically assigned, so they are not taking up space in my DHCP pool.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: