Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller

This thread has been viewed 57 times
  • 1.  Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Apr 15, 2020 07:10 PM

Hello,

I need some assistance configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams. I was able to configure it successfully for the wired networks on the Aruba Switches; however, I need assistance with configuring them on the Wireless Controller.

Currently using Aruba Mobility Controller:

Version: ArubaMC-VA-US 8.5.0.2

Microsoft Teams is configured in the O365 admin center to use:

Voice: TCP Ports 50000-50019 DSCP 46 (Expedited Forwarding)

Video: TCP Ports 50020-50039 DSCP 34 (Assured Forwarding)

So far, I followed the documentation here:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_81_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Voice_Video/QoS_for_Voice_and_Video.htm

I have the commands:

wlan ssid-profile default

wmm

wmm-vo-dscp 46

wmm-vi-dscp 34

However, it says to use ip access-list session? How do I configure Microsoft Teams which uses ports 50000 - 50019 to be marked as DSCP 46 on the Wireless?

I was trying to use:

ip access-list session VOICE

any any tcp source 50000 permit dot1p-priority 7

It does not let me specify a range of ports; it only lets me specify 1 port at a time. Also is this even the correct command?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

End goal whichever method is used: QOS should be enabled for Microsoft Teams for Wireless devices using ports 50000-50019 for voice and 50020-50039 for video.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted May 05, 2020 09:09 AM

Did you ever get any response on this?  We are having same issue and wanted to know.  Just opened a cased with support

• 3.  RE: Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller
    Best Answer

Posted May 06, 2020 08:43 AM

Spoke with support yesterday and they made the following changes to our controller and we are monitoring now:

• Enabled WMM on our SSID
    • Unable to see HTPV during a test using DSCP voice 56 and video 40
    • Changed DSCP voice to 46 and video to 34 which matched the pre-configured DSCP for Skype4B
    • Tested again and we saw the HPTV flags as well as the ports being used by the Teams meeting.
    • Monitoring for uses going forward

Do a show wlan ssid-profile <SSID> and you will see WMM DSCP Mapping control then do a show datapath session table <IP Address of client> | Included <IP Address of other party>

Hope this helps.

• 4.  RE: Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Jun 02, 2020 11:19 AM

Could you share any info on how you did this on the wired side? I am new to QOS and before 3 months ago I could count on 1 hand the amount of people that used teams in the company. Now everyone is using it and we are starting to get jitter when there are more than 2-3 people in a group. 

5706r core fibre connected to 6 cisco 3750g switches

• 5.  RE: Configuring QOS for Microsoft Teams - Aruba Mobility Controller

Posted Jun 02, 2020 11:23 AM

We followed this GPO guide from Microsoft which marked the packets for us.  Since we are already a VOIP campus, we had the DSCP set up on the switches already.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/qos-in-teams-clients