Wireless Access

Contributor I

Configuring WIP to send SNMP traps

All, can anyone point me in the direction of finding out how to configure wip so that if a rogue AP appears on the network with the same SSID as a valid one that it send out a trap?

Guru Elite

Re: Configuring WIP to send SNMP traps

You need:

1.  The RFProtect License

2.  Configure Detection of AP Impersonation (below)

3.  Configure a Trap Destination in Configuration> SNMP.

The trap for this is automatically sent to the Trap Destination

wip.png

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

Thanks I will give that a go.

Contributor I

Well as soon as i put in my trap received my mangament system became completely flooded from the wifi controller. Cant see  what the alerts are for , they look non descritpt.  How can i stop the controller from sending anythig BUT the roge ap with duplicat SSID alerts?

Contributor I

Colin,

I see that you can do the command to look at all the traps that are sent which are a lot. and then you can use:-

(config) #snmp-server trap disable wlsxWirelessBridge
(config) #snmp-server trap disable coldStart

But if I only want the trap for a rogue ap with same SSID as a legitimate one sent which is this one? Also, do I have to do a disable for the hundred or so traps one by one?

Cheers!

Guru Elite

Attached is a list that someone on our organization put together.  Those are the raw commands to enable/disable traps.  If you search and replace enable with disable, you will disable all the traps.  Paste that in.

You can then enable only the traps that you want.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor I

Thanks Colin but do you know which is the right trap for the fake AP with the same SSID one?

Aruba Employee

I think the one you want is "wlsxAPImpersonation".

Contributor I

Thanks!

Just to clarify - doing a 'no' on all those traps will not affectig normal reporting of wip to the dashboard will it? This will only affect what is sent to a third party network?

Aruba Employee

And possibly "wlsxValidSSIDViolation"

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: