Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Configuring controller as anchor to an existing instant AP environment

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Configuring controller as anchor to an existing instant AP environment

Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:48 PM

Hi all.

I'm new to Aruba and I would like to know what is the best way of doing the following:

Need to install a 3600 controller to an existing AP instant environmnet over 9 sites. I need to setup the controller as anchor and continue using the AP's as instant.

Thanks for your help.

Babis

• 2.  RE: Configuring controller as anchor to an existing instant AP environment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:53 PM
    I don't understand your question. What do you mean by anchor?

You have three options

Instant AP mode
    Instant AP with VPN back to controller
    Controller based campus AP mode

• 3.  RE: Configuring controller as anchor to an existing instant AP environment

Posted Aug 06, 2014 11:58 PM

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

Basically, we have a clinet that already has a number of APs used as Instant. The client want to install a controller.

I would like to propose tot them two options. Option 1 will be the standard configruation by removing Instant and using the controller. Option 2 will be keeping the APs as Instant but anchor back to the controller for Guest access configuration. So, if the controller fails, then only guest access will be unavailable. Hopefully that makes it clearer??

• 4.  RE: Configuring controller as anchor to an existing instant AP environment
    Best Answer