Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connect controller with routers

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Connect controller with routers

Posted Mar 18, 2016 02:18 AM

Hello

I am going to build a roaming network with 2 linksys routers and a Aruba 7005 controller.

How could I connect the routers?

Should the main router connect to the PoE port 0 of the controller and the other to the port 1?

Also, how should I configure the controller settings?

I know how to set up the roaming environment without the controllers but my teacher have asked me to build the network with the controller, therefore I am very confused.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Connect controller with routers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 02:41 AM
    Hi, If I have understood correctly, you want the users to be able to roam from linksys-1 to linksys-2 on the same ssid and same vlan. There are no controller based APs in this setup. But the controller is just used as a switch. Is that correct? Also could you explain how would you set this up without the controller? Thanks, Rajaguru Vincent

#AirheadsMobile

• 3.  RE: Connect controller with routers

Posted Mar 18, 2016 05:07 AM

Yes, you are correct.

I have set the linksys-1 's ip address as 192.168.0.1 with DHCP on ,channel 1,DHCP Range:192.168.0.100 – 192.168.0.200

and linksys-2 as 192.168.0.2 with DHCP off ,channel 6

the linksys-1 is connected to the Internet by the Internet port

the linksys-1 and linksys-2 connected each other by port 4

They works great in roaming.

Therefore, how should I connect them to the controller?

Thank you.

• 4.  RE: Connect controller with routers

Posted Mar 20, 2016 11:17 AM

just do something, as mentioned the controller will act like a switch if you don't do anything.

you can also just ask your teacher if you understood him / her correctly as also pointed out the Aruba controller won't do anything with linksys devices expect switch / route the traffic.

• 5.  RE: Connect controller with routers

MVP
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 04:12 AM

Aruba controllers are designed to work with Aruba APs. While you can connect any ethernet device to an Aruba controller, it will do nothing for you that any other network router/switch would do.

Without the Aruba APs your Aruba controller is just a fancy router/switch realy. 

If you do have Aruba APs can you clarify your question with a network diagram perhaps?