Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Connection issue with AP 345

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Connection issue with AP 345

Posted May 24, 2019 03:53 AM

Hi everyone. After installation of two AP-345 on our network, I have been experiencing interesting issue. Some devices cannot connect some sites. Some devices are having problem with certain apps. For instance, some of them cannot open the content of instagram app, some of them cannot view whatsapp stories and others cannot open whatsapp media. But when they try to connect other Acess Points, they are not facing this issue. Also on some devices which are connected to Aruba APs, everything is ok. There is no any rule actually on ARUBA APs. I also mentioned that the APs work on dual band. I can exactly say that there is no problem with our gateway. Because wired connections are ok, also connections with the other Acesss Points work well. I have suspession of interference with the other APs. Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Connection issue with AP 345

MVP EXPERT
    Posted May 24, 2019 04:25 AM

Have you got any more specific info? What are the devices in question? The IAP345 are dual 5Ghz, so if they are not in 2.4Ghz mode those devices will not connect. You can check what traffic is traversing the IAP and if it is being blocked by using the below command. If the traffic is being blocked by the IAP it will have the "D" flag.

show datpath session | include [CLIENT IP]

What is the topology of the entire network, any firewalls or proxies in place?

• 3.  RE: Connection issue with AP 345

Posted May 24, 2019 06:06 AM

The devices are phones. I have disabled dual 5Ghz option.
    So APs work on both of 2.4ghz and 5ghz.
    The devices can connect our LAN, and they can also get IP addresses from our DHCP server.
    But they have a problem with some sites, some apps. For instance, they cannot open some apps.

We use pfsense as a firewall, but it has not any rule to block these sites and apps.
    Because if it had, the other devices also would have these problems.

there is no "D" flag on the output of the "show datapath session" command.

• 4.  RE: Connection issue with AP 345

Posted May 29, 2019 04:33 AM

I have captured the issue on the phone which is connected to Aruba IAP 345.  As you can see, ping goes, telegram message works, but youtube, play store and other apps prompted "you are offline". ANd also, there is an app which says connection error after entering the password. 

(view in My Videos)

• 5.  RE: Connection issue with AP 345

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2019 05:19 AM

What band is the device in when it has the issue?  Do laptops also have the issue?

• 6.  RE: Connection issue with AP 345

Posted May 29, 2019 05:33 AM

The band is 5 GHz on this device. I only checked my laptop. It is ok. Actually, we use laptops on the wired connection. Also, we haven't a problem with the corporative LAN. I face the problem on some cell phones (both 2.4 and 5 GHz) with connection to AP 345 wlan.