Wireless Access

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Console over Ethernet in AP105?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Console over Ethernet in AP105?

Posted Feb 24, 2012 08:51 AM

We had a mishap with a provisioning script last night and a set of new AP105s came up as RAPs.

The master controller can see then for a short time after they boot but unfortunately cannot reprovision them.

They're all mounted about 15 feet up, so it'd be preferable for me to purge them from the closet. Does this work with the AP105s or am up a ladder?

• 2.  RE: Console over Ethernet in AP105?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2012 09:09 AM

You would need a ladder.

If you are having a mishap with a RAP that appears, then disappears, temporarily remove the LMS-IP from the AP-group that the RAP is in, and it might"stick" to the first controller it connects to.

• 3.  RE: Console over Ethernet in AP105?

Posted Feb 24, 2012 09:31 AM

Well, removing console over ethernet is probably my least favorite change now. I can't kill the LMS IP because they won't stay up long enough to change anything and there are about 100 other APs that belong to the same group, including mine.

In theory I could bounce the active 105s over to another controller but that would likely displease many active users.

• 4.  RE: Console over Ethernet in AP105?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2012 09:42 AM
    Console over Ethernet used to work on an unused pair. Gigabit ethernet uses all pairs, so soe cannot work.

You might want to type "show log system x" to see why they are rebooting.

• 5.  RE: Console over Ethernet in AP105?

Posted Feb 24, 2012 11:42 AM

Yeah I know. 802.3af over used vs unused pairs was the first argument I had the first day with my coworker. Aruba chose used, Cisco chose unused, and that's why a Cisco injector doesn't work on an AP61.

i just went and purged all of the ones that didn't have classes going on in their rooms.

• 6.  RE: Console over Ethernet in AP105?

Posted Feb 24, 2012 11:43 AM

And two reasons that were showing up in the logs were that it couldn't build the VPN tunnel via PAPI, and that the VAP it was looking for didn't exist.