Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Control Plane Security failure

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Control Plane Security failure

Posted May 12, 2016 09:48 AM

So if I have a controller with control plane security turned on and for whatever reason there is a controller failure, what will happen to the AP's if a replacement controller is installed?

- Assume that the replacement controller has same or close to same firmware version

- Assume that replacement controller will have same exact config of old controller loaded via flashbackup.tar.gz backup file.

Will the AP's automatically reconnect to replacement controller?

Issues?

• 2.  RE: Control Plane Security failure
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 12, 2016 10:47 AM

If this is a replacement,  you will have to make the master relearn about all the APs and re-certify them. In order to do that, you can either turn auto-cert-prov ON for a while or manually enter the whitelist entries.  The APs will try using the certificate of the replaced controller and then fail.  Eventually they will fail trying to do that and re-certify.

• 3.  RE: Control Plane Security failure

Posted May 12, 2016 10:56 AM

Thanks Collin

That's what I pretty much figured but just was wanting some confimation befoe I talked to client about it.