Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Captive Portal doesn't prompt to enter username & password after upgrade to Windows 8.1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller Captive Portal doesn't prompt to enter username & password after upgrade to Windows 8.1

Posted Jan 21, 2014 02:17 AM

My customer notebook after upgrade to windows 8.1, the captive portal doesn't prompt to enter the username and password, but the notebook able to get the IP address and perform ping. They did try Internet Explorer, Chrome & Firefox browser but it doesn't prompt to enter the username and password. Before my customer upgrade to Windows 8.1 which is running Windows 8 it will prompt to enter the username and password also able to login.

Now the controller use AOS 6.1.3.9

• 2.  RE: Controller Captive Portal doesn't prompt to enter username & password after upgrade to Windows 8.1

Posted Jan 21, 2014 02:21 AM
    Have you tested it to any other Windows 8.1 PC?

• 3.  RE: Controller Captive Portal doesn't prompt to enter username & password after upgrade to Windows 8.1

Posted Jan 21, 2014 02:28 AM

Me and My customer don't have other Windows 8.1 notebook to test it.

• 4.  RE: Controller Captive Portal doesn't prompt to enter username & password after upgrade to Windows 8.1

Posted Jan 21, 2014 02:34 AM
    as you stated earlier, your devices are able to get IP address. Are these devices able to get proper gateway and DNS address?
    Are you able to ping DNS and default gateway?
    Try to open your browser and type default gateway address if you can ping the gateway and gateway is VLAN interface on the controller.

Are you using internet or external DHCP server?