Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller, IAP with Hostpot

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 05, 2018 09:28 AM

Hi Guys,

I am configuring a controller using hotspot to work with Portal Captive, in the request / redirect the AP MAC ADDRESS is not being sent.

Is there any configuration or way the controller can perform this submission?

Controller: Aruba 620

IAP: 205

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 10:44 AM

I don't understand.  What is connecting to the hotspot?

• 3.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 05, 2018 11:38 AM

Good Afternoon,

I will try to describe the scenario:

We have a controller of the a620 model with Captive External Portal functionality pointing to an authentication service on an external server called WSPOT. "www.wspot.com.br"

For this service to work, the controller must send the MAC ADDRESS from the AP to the Radius server.

Thanks,

• 4.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:13 PM

I'm trying to setup a external captive portal at CTRL. The CTRL is able to redirect to External Portal, but the External portal is not able to identify my AP, because the URL request don't have a AP MAC Address.

Instead AP MAC Address, the CTRL is sending AP Name.

Please see the URL request  below:

http://mydomain.wspot.com.br/aruba?cmd=login&switchip=10.1.3.90&mac=84:3a:4b:02:ad:2a&ip=10.1.2.7&essid=WSPOT&apname=AP01&apgroup=TA&url=http:%2F%2Fwww.msftconnecttest.com%2Fredirect

• 5.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2018 01:51 PM

From the documentation here:  http://suporte.wspot.com.br/support/solutions/articles/16000069493-requisitos-necess%C3%A1rios-para-integrar-um-equipamento-ao-wspot it seems that you would send that information from the 620 controller to wspot using radius accounting, instead of in the initial redirect URL.

The Captive Portal Authentication profile would have a server group that points to the wspot radius server.  The AAA profile of that Virtual AP would also have a server group in the Radius Accounting Server group and you would have "Radius Interim Accounting" enabled in the AAA profile.

• 6.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 06, 2018 06:31 AM

Colin, 

Thanks for your information. But unfortunately this feature did not work, the CTRL don't send AP MAC ADDRESS.

Below is the Configuration -> Authentication -> AAA Profiles:

teste.PNG

Please, what else can we see in the CTRL about this?

Thanks,

• 7.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 06:40 AM

The AAA profile should have a radius accounting server group.  The WSPOT radius server needs to be one of the servers in that server group. 

• 8.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 06, 2018 07:34 AM

Colin,

I have two radius configuration in the server group, inside Configuration -> Authentication -> AAA Profiles:

teste2.PNG

Please, anything else we can see?

Thanks,

• 9.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 07:50 AM

That configuration is correct.

Do you have the HTML on your external captive portal with a submit, already?  When you click on the HTML button, the controller will send the authentication to the Radius Server and the accounting to the radius accounting server with the information.

• 10.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 06, 2018 08:09 AM

Colin, Thank you very much for your informations.

But, the WSPOT necessarily need AP MAC ADDRESS in the URL request.

This worked in the past.

Please, anything else we can see ??

• 11.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 08:46 AM

The controller does not provide the mac address of the AP (bssid) in the URL, and it cannot be configured like that.

You said it worked in the past.  How was it configured?

• 12.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot

Posted Feb 06, 2018 08:57 AM

Colin, thanks for your information one more time.

You are correct.

But, i need the MAC ADDRESS of AP e not the MAC (bssid).

att,

• 13.  RE: Controller, IAP with Hostpot
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 06, 2018 09:23 AM

danilotildes,

I looked at the documentation, and it seems that they are looking for the BSSID in the radius authentication packets, and not the URL.

http://suporte.wspot.com.br/support/solutions/articles/16000069493-requisitos-necess%C3%A1rios-para-integrar-um-equipamento-ao-wspot

Screenshot 2018-02-06 at 08.18.35.png

To be clear, we could even host the HTML on the controller, but in the Captive Portal Authentication Profile we could point to the wspot radius server to send all of that information when the client is authenticated:

Screenshot 2018-02-06 at 08.22.28.png