Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Redundancy

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller Redundancy

Posted Mar 13, 2013 04:43 AM

Our Aruba System is working across 6 sites.

We have three controllers M1, L1 and L2 where M1 is the master controller and L1 and L2 are local controllers. M1 is present at site-1.L1 is present at site-3 and L2 is present at site-5. AP's at site-1 and site-2 are terminated on M1. AP's at site-3 and 4 are terminated on L1. AP's at site-5 and 6 are terminated on L2.All sites belong to a different AP group. Site-2 AP group has LMS ip of M1 and backup LMS ip of L1.site-2 is connected to M1 via a WAN link.

If there is no connectivity between site-2 AP's and M1 due to WAN link failure, will my site-2 AP's move to L1 ?

I am posting this beacuse in one of the Aruba Trainings we got to know that AP's terminated on Master Controller cannot switch to Backup LMS ip if there is WAN Link failure or Master Controller failure.

• 2.  RE: Controller Redundancy

Posted Mar 13, 2013 07:21 AM

Do you have a WAN link from site2 to site3 where L1 is connected to the network? If so then I think the AP's will fail over to the L1 controller if they lose connection to M1.

• 3.  RE: Controller Redundancy

Posted Mar 13, 2013 07:41 AM

Yes, there is a WAN link between site-2 and site-3.

• 4.  RE: Controller Redundancy

Posted Mar 13, 2013 07:45 AM

I guess the APs will fail over to L1 in this case.