Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20

Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:20 AM

Hi,

a 7205 controller (8.6.0.2) was configured correctly once and then then restored to factory default using write erase all.

When configuring the controller, now I get the "Configuration Error Question 20 (Enter Time in UTC): answer '...' is not valid".

I already tried different configurations concerning time and timezone.

Is there a solution available or anything I could try?

• 2.  RE: Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20

MVP
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:33 AM

Should just be a time in hh:mm:ss format.

Or just hit enter to select the default preset.

Timezone would a a bit stranger imho:  CET+1:0

That is <timezone>+<hours offset from UTC>:<minutes offset from UTC>

• 3.  RE: Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20

Posted Jan 16, 2020 11:48 AM

Are you configuring this using a CLI connection or a WebUI connection? Describe what you are doing.

• 4.  RE: Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20

Posted Jan 22, 2020 02:41 AM

Hello,

I am using the WebUI. When finally applying the settings and rebooting the controller the message I get is: Configuration Error Question 20 (Enter Time in UTC): answer '(here it shows the current time)' is not valid.

This problem has not appeared before the controller was restored to factory default.

Is there anything I could try? Would it be an option to wipe the controller? In that case, what exactly does the wipe command do? Is there anything I have to be mindful of?

• 5.  RE: Controller Setup Configuration Error Question 20
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 22, 2020 09:08 AM

I have seen this behavior before. This appears to be browser related and only during the initial setup. Here are a few suggestions on how to get past this. If you can use a terminal program and console in to the controller and configure it through the CLI, you should have no problems. If you cannot, two possible alternatives to getting past it. One, try a different browser. The other, during the setup, DO NOT enter any date and time values. Specify that you are using an NTP server and enter an IP address for the NTP server. This does not have to be an address for a valid NTP server, just a valid IP address. After the controller is configured and rebooted, when you browse into it to continue the configuration, at that time you can change the date and time any way you want. When I've seen this problem, the problem only occurs during the initial configuration.

I hope this helps,