Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

This thread has been viewed 47 times
  • 1.  Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

Posted Aug 06, 2015 10:08 AM

Hello, thank you as always for your lightning fast help.  Currently when we access out Aruba 7210 controller management web gui we get the https "site is not private, cert is not verified" error.  See screenshot below.  In the dropdown, which cert do I need to replace to get rid of this error (Server Cert, Public Cert, etc)?  Will this affect wifi clients when I replace this cert?  We have a godaddy wildcard cert I was going to use....any pitfalls?  Thanks.

Untitled.png

• 2.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 06, 2015 10:11 AM

You would use the server cert option and then select it under Management > General > WebUI Management Authentication Method certificate. You can use a wildcard for the web UI but you cannot use it for 802.1X authentication.

Keep in mind that you'll need to create a DNS entry for the certificate to work correctly.

• 3.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

Posted Aug 10, 2015 10:01 AM

Thanks again.  The controllers are not terminating radius.  Could I use the wildcard cert for the controllers but then a non-wildcard cert for clearpass?  Hope that makes sense, thanks!

• 4.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2015 10:08 AM
    Yes, the controller certificate is separate from the ClearPass certificate.

• 5.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

Posted Aug 10, 2015 02:49 PM

From GoDaddy I have the following files:  

• mywildcard_bundle.crt
    • mywildcard.p7b
    • mywildcard.crt
    • mywildcard.key
    • mywildcard.pem
    • mywildcard.pfx

Any idea which one I should import and which format I should choose from the Aruba controller dropdown (DER, PEM, PFX, etc.)  I don't know what these different file formats signify and what is Aruba best practice, thanks.

• 6.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

Posted Aug 10, 2015 03:11 PM

Update, I imported the .pem to the Aruba controller "server certificate" but when I got to manage my controller at the web gui I still get the https not safe error in my browser.  Here's some details from the error:  NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID   

Subject: securelogin.arubanetworks.com

mycontroller.mywildcardomain.com:4343 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for securelogin.arubanetworks.com (Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Can anyone explain what is going on here?  I don't know what mywildcarddomain.com has to do with securelogin.arubanetworks.com....this is frustrating.

• 7.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2015 03:13 PM
    Did you configure the controller to use the new cert for management?

Thanks,
    Tim

• 8.  RE: Controller Web Gui Certificate Error

Posted Aug 10, 2015 03:16 PM

Of course not!  Geez, I feel silly, thanks for your help.