Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller captive portal certificate

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Controller captive portal certificate

Posted Nov 27, 2015 03:55 AM

Hello,

I have a master-master redundancy pair 7210 controllers, and have created a new captive portal certificate using the buildin CSR function of the controller.

Noticed this certificate is not synchronized over to the master-standby controller, and I have subsequently assumed that is the same for the private key.

So the question is, if you want the same certificate on multiple controllers, the answer is to generate the CSR outside of the controller (OpenSSL) so you can import the private key with it?, or is there any way of synching this between the controllers?

• 2.  RE: Controller captive portal certificate
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 06:37 AM

If you backup the flash on the controller and copy it off and open it, the certificate should be in the cert folder.  You can import that certificate into the new controller.

• 3.  RE: Controller captive portal certificate

Posted Nov 27, 2015 08:54 AM

Thanks a lot, that worked fine.

It has to be copied of the backup file, or would an import of the certificate from the CA also work fine?

I never really tried that since I assumed you would need the private key along with it, and that seems to be stored in the cert/CSR folder password protected.

Jon-Daniel

• 4.  RE: Controller captive portal certificate

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 09:43 AM

It would have to be copied.  A cert import from the CA would not work if the CSR was generated on a different controller.