Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller cluster update

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Controller cluster update

Posted Jul 02, 2020 04:15 PM

In ArubaOS 8.5 you can't update cluster settings when there are controllers in the cluster. While adding a new controller today we removed the controllers to add a new one with a RAP public IP. This dropped connections for about 50 APs, including some RAPs. Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? All APs reconnected after 5 minutes without issue. Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Controller cluster update

Posted Jul 08, 2020 07:09 AM

Is this License is including NextGen feature,

Aruba LIC-PEF Controller Policy Enforcement Firewall Per AP License E-LTU

• 3.  RE: Controller cluster update

Posted Jul 08, 2020 09:19 AM

Hi

You could add a new one without problems, but if you need to change the info in the cluster profile, not to my knowledge.

I might be wrong here, but i'm not quite sure that the AP's are actually down, unless they are RAPs.

Yes they will disappear from the Mobility Master webui, but i think they are still up, connected to their anchor controller.

Roar 

• 4.  RE: Controller cluster update

Posted Jul 08, 2020 12:17 PM

Thanks for your reply. When adding a controller to the cluster we need to add a public IP f or RAPs. The OS won't allow changes to the cluster so all controllers must be removed. I think that breaks the RAP pool and also the RAP public controller addresses.  I was connected via a RAP when updating the configuration and last my connection at the time. I also saw a number of other RAPs and APs lose connection. I'll do in a maintenance window next time. -- Jim

• 5.  RE: Controller cluster update

Posted Aug 11, 2020 12:12 PM

I'm in the same boat with needing to add public IPs to my controllers in the controller group-profile. If CAPs aren't actually down and the process only takes 5-10 minutes to come back up then it shouldn't be too bad to change in a maintenance window. It's just always nerve-racking for me when messing with cluster settings.