Wireless Access

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:10 PM

Hi all,

Where can I define the order of controller management access identity source? I have setup RADIUS management access but every time I log in as a admin (internal user) it first tries to authenticate using RADIUS and only after failure it checks the internal user.

Is there a way that in management access the internal users would be checked first and only after that the RADIUS and external identity sources?

Many thanks,

• 2.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

Posted Jun 15, 2015 12:14 PM

Hi Friend,

Always strongest authentication first :)

• 3.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

Posted Jun 15, 2015 01:07 PM

HI,

Are you talking about Auth servers ? if so we can change order by using up down buttons as shown in the snapshot.

Mgmt_Auth.png

Please feel free for any further clarity on this.

• 4.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

Posted Jun 16, 2015 07:28 AM

I'm not using Internal database as a authentication server. I have couple of management users statically added as you have "admin" setup in your screenshot.

I have also own user for Airwave and for other NMS to fetch data with SSH from the controllers. They'll also do the failed RADIUS attempt before using "internal" accounts :(   

• 5.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 07:31 AM

Unfortunately this cannot be changed. For security reasons, RADIUS/TACACS+ authentication happens first.

• 6.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

Posted Jun 16, 2015 07:37 AM

That's not good...

But thanks for the answer! Really appreciate it!

• 7.  RE: Controller management access order: internal users and RADIUS server?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2015 07:42 AM
    You can submit a feature request on the idea portal.