Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller system integrity and OS file system check

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller system integrity and OS file system check

Posted Feb 09, 2016 04:46 AM

Hi

We have a old 3600 controller - we suspect that the controller has a fundamental File System problem.

We have previously had issues where it wasn't saving configurations which was done + changing to different Config files with no success + upgrading to different Version on different Partition with same results.

Is there perhaps a way to check the integrity of the system hardware and/or something like a file system check?

• 2.  RE: Controller system integrity and OS file system check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 07:47 AM

The controller does a memory check during bootup.  Have you tried factory defaulting the controller?  Does it keep the time, when you reboot it?

• 3.  RE: Controller system integrity and OS file system check

Posted Feb 09, 2016 08:39 AM

Hi

The system Passes all the boot up tests for memory and image with no reported errors. Checking the clock it does keep the correct time across reboots.

I Factory resetted  (write erase all) it a bit earlier and was able to upgrade to the latest 6.4.3.6.

and appears to be behaving a bit better after the reset and upgrade.

It appears to be saving configs now , however if I  choose one of my other config files to boot from it still loads the original config but not the selected.

Before the reset it also gave me errors if I tried copying a file on the Flash to a different name -- can't remember the error dialogue it gave - but now it succeeds.......

With the "Write erase all" I ran wasn't it supposed to delete the older config files I had? Two of my previous config files was still vissible in the file list after the "write erase all" - I have ignored them for now and not tried to use these configs.

Im guessing this will be a TAC case?

• 4.  RE: Controller system integrity and OS file system check

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2016 09:43 AM

The older configs could be corrupt.  Save new configs and see if you have the same problem..

• 5.  RE: Controller system integrity and OS file system check

Posted Feb 10, 2016 08:53 AM

Hi

I saved my Configuration with "Maintenance -> CopyFiles" and saved it as conf1.cfg.

I then implimented WIP (using the Wizard) and saved this config as normal clicking "Save Configuration" button at top (saving it to default,cfg) - I also saved this configuration aswell with "Maintenance -> CopyFiles" and saved it as conf2.cfg

Under BootParameters I select the conf1.cfg file as the boot config, and go through the reboot process saving configuration before reboot (also did it without saving configuration before reboot --- with same results).

The Controller was to boot without WIP settings as saved in Conf1.cfg -- during boot I see it says it loading config from my dafault.cfg file (not the newly specified files). Once booted the WIP config is still there - so it didn't load my other config file.