Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller upgrade

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Controller upgrade

Posted Aug 01, 2013 04:35 PM

I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the Aruba 6000 chassis controller is the same as the Alcatel OAW-6000? More specifically, will ArubaOS software work on the Alcatel OAW-6000? I found a really good deal on an Alcatel controller and would like some more information about compatibility before purchase. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Update: I forgot to mention that the Alcatel controller has Aruba Supervisor cards in it. I'm not sure if it's relevant or not.

• 2.  RE: Controller upgrade

Posted Aug 01, 2013 07:32 PM

As I understand it the Alcatel gear has some subtle differences to make it more compatible with the Alcatel line of switches and routers. Making the code revisions enough different that it's not likely to be supported on Aruba code.

It might run, but you wouldn't be able to predict what would fail, and I'm sure that neither vendor would be willing to help you with the mixed installation.