Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Controller was replaced, want to keep history in airware

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Controller was replaced, want to keep history in airware

Posted Jun 17, 2013 10:19 AM

I upgraded my 3200 controller to a 7210 controller this weekend following the guide in the 6.2 software release notes.  In airwave, i want to make sure that i keep the history that i have accumlated over the last 2 years.  I think that just using the replace hardware option is my best bet, but i wanted to make sure.  Any caveats i need to be aware of?

Edit:  i forgot to add this:  i also consolidated AP's from a 3600 to this 7210 as well.  Will airwave automaticlly detect this? or how will i tell it these are the same AP's?

• 2.  RE: Controller was replaced, want to keep history in airware

Posted Jun 17, 2013 10:54 AM

I think that just using the replace hardware option is my best bet, but i wanted to make sure.  Any caveats i need to be aware of? 

Doing the replace hardware is the right way to do it, but make sure you read the release notes of the code you have installed and see if theres any caveats related to doing the replace hardware.

Edit:  i forgot to add this:  i also consolidated AP's from a 3600 to this 7210 as well.  Will airwave automaticlly detect this? or how will i tell it these are the same AP's?

Add the 7200 controller to Airwave ahead of time and airwave automatically will detect it in the next poll , it will know based on the mac address

• 3.  RE: Controller was replaced, want to keep history in airware

Posted Jun 17, 2013 11:24 AM

Looks like it worked.  Thank you for the quick reply!

• 4.  RE: Controller was replaced, want to keep history in airware

Posted Jun 17, 2013 12:10 PM

Glad it worked :smileyhappy: