Wireless Access

New Contributor

Conversion of AP licences to RAP licences



a customer has controllers with AP licences. Now he wants to buy new controllers with RAP licences, but possibly the capacity of the new controllers will not be enough for total number of RAP's. The customer asks us if he can do recuperation of the existing AP licences on their existing controllers and change them in RAP licenses.






Re: Conversion of AP licences to RAP licences

There is no such thing as a RAP license anymore for recent versions.


A RAP consumes an AP license just as a campus AP would consume it.

There is some difference (depending on controller type & release!) where some controllers can terminate more RAP then they could CAP. But even then any one RAP consumes 1 AP license.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
New Contributor

Re: Conversion of AP licences to RAP licences

Thanks a lot,


Marc Nicolaus
Business Consultant
Dimension Data Belgium
Excelsiorlaan 71-73,
1930 Zaventem
Tel: +32 27 188 532
Mob: +32 4748 64650
Email: marc.nicolaus@dimensiondata.com

RPM Bruxelles/RPR Brussel - TVA/BTW BE0430.704.051
IBAN/Account number BE71 8260 0144 0869

Dimension Data is an NTT Group company. For further information about Dimension Data, please go to www.dimensiondata.com
Follow us on Social Media Blog Facebook LinkedIn Twitter

P Before printing this email please think about the environment

[cid:0b4278.png@197ae0dc.43b449b3] [cid:image5e687c.JPG@d0716269.409cd3a2]
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: