Wireless Access

Aruba Employee

Converting Master to local

Hi All,

We are currently working with a customer who wants to run a pilot of all wireless office in one of their regional office. They will go with a single controller (its yet to be decided which one that be). If everything goes ok (no performance issues etc), they will roll out the same for other branches/offices as well. Now my question is, since this will be a first ever site, the controller will be master. Can we pitch that in future, they can place a master controller in headoffice and control these controllers as local controllers ?

Its possible right to convert a master controller to local controller ?

Guru Elite

Re: Converting Master to local

Yes, that is a common deployment. Also, be sure to look at the new branch architecture. Lots's of cool stuff you can do with that.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Aruba Employee

Hi Tim,

What did you mean by new branch architecture. I would appreciate if you can share the link ?

Guru Elite

Can't find a link but you'll want to work with your Aruba partner. It's a fairly new architecture.

High-level: it allows you to ZTP branch controllers (7000 series), some IP payload compression / lite WAN optimization, be part of Palo Alto LS-VPN, etc.

Thanks,
Tim

| Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security | @timcappalli | timcappalli.me |

NOTE: Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: