Wireless Access

Contributor II

Converting the IAP to campus AP

Hello Geeks,

I want to convert new IAPs to campus ap, but I have some concerns before I start since the controller is on VLAN 10 and IAPs should later on be connected to VLAN 5 after converting them. I have inter-vlan routing configured on the core switch so all VLANs can talk to each other. but, my question is when the IAP first boots up it get an IP address from VLAN 1, if I converted it to campus AP and after it is converted successful, can I just connect it to an access port assigned to VLAN 5 where I have options 43 and 60 configured on? will it work in this way, or I need to configure uplink management VLAN on the IAP before converting it?

Thank you.

Guru Elite

Re: Converting the IAP to campus AP

When an access point is converted, it is like wiping a campus AP. It will get it's IP address on the untagged vlan and it will attempt to contact the IP address of the controller that converted it. No provision is made for initial connectivity beyond the untagged vlan the access point is on.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Hi Joseph,

Thank for your quick response.

Ok, but if I want my converted IAPs to be in VLAN 5 (not Native VLAN), I just untagged that port to VLAN 5? I don't want my APs to stay in VLAN 1(default).

Thank you.

Guru Elite

Yes, make VLAN 5 the untagged VLAN on that port.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Contributor II

Ok Thank you.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: