Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Correct Aruba OS version?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Correct Aruba OS version?

Posted Oct 16, 2019 05:55 AM

Hi everyone

We have been running 8.4.x code for a fair while now, we are currently on 8.4.0.4_7113. I have seen a fair bit of chatter on mailing lists over Airgroup issues with this code branch (Thankfully Airgroup works fine for us currently)

More concerning I have also seen a large number of posts over intel wireless chipsets and .ax connectivity issues, this was more Cisco based, but Im seeking clarification over whether these issues exist for Aruba as well?

Driver updates seem to fix it, but currently recommended practice for large installations is to turn off .ax functionality until the user base have updated their drivers.

Also as we are about to start an WiFi 6 rollout (135 x AP515) should I be moving to 8.5 code, and can I go straight to 8.5.0.3 from 8.4.0.4?

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Correct Aruba OS version?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 16, 2019 06:59 AM

HI,

should I be moving to 8.5 code, and can I go straight to 8.5.0.3 from 8.4.0.4?

It good to upgrade 8.4.0.4 to 8.5.X , Even recommended .

When using AP5XX , Be sure do use 8.5.X , And yes u may upgrade directly from 8.4.0.4 to 8.5.0.X. ( Always backup before )

Be sure to be with updated client drivers / u may disable 802.11ax feature of no 802.11ax are on-site. Be sure to utilize 20/40 insted of 80 if u see high 5GHz usage.

• 3.  RE: Correct Aruba OS version?

Posted Oct 16, 2019 07:17 AM

Thanks for the heads up and the channel width advice