Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

Posted Aug 17, 2012 05:45 PM

I am under the impression that my AP's are capable of broadcasting more than one WLAN. When I try to set one up with the WLAN wizard however, I get all the settings in, and it says it is pushing the configuration to the controller for a short second, but nothing changes.

A little background;

Its a Dell branded 620

I am accessing the configuraiton setup via HTML

I have one WPA2 wireless network running with Radius Auth on the Default and only Vlan- Vlan1

I would Like another WPA2-PSK network, possibly hidden, for items that stay inside the network permanently, and require AD server access for Logon Authentication.

I tried creating it on the same Vlan, because the size of my network doesn't warrant segmenting, / I'm not sure how to go about managing one.

So, any thoughts?

I suppose I can always reset the controller and start from scratch, but I figured the Wizard should work just fine if my configurations are correct.

We have 5 AP105s broadcasting.

Thanks!

Dave

• 2.  RE: Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 17, 2012 05:56 PM

@theunfrailhale wrote:

I am under the impression that my AP's are capable of broadcasting more than one WLAN. When I try to set one up with the WLAN wizard however, I get all the settings in, and it says it is pushing the configuration to the controller for a short second, but nothing changes.

A little background;

Its a Dell branded 620

I am accessing the configuraiton setup via HTML

I have one WPA2 wireless network running with Radius Auth on the Default and only Vlan- Vlan1

I would Like another WPA2-PSK network, possibly hidden, for items that stay inside the network permanently, and require AD server access for Logon Authentication.

I tried creating it on the same Vlan, because the size of my network doesn't warrant segmenting, / I'm not sure how to go about managing one.

So, any thoughts?

I suppose I can always reset the controller and start from scratch, but I figured the Wizard should work just fine if my configurations are correct.

We have 5 AP105s broadcasting.

Thanks!

Dave

Please clear your browser cache or try another browser.  What version of Dell Code is this?

• 3.  RE: Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

Posted Aug 17, 2012 06:05 PM

Aruba Small OS.JPG

I have been using Firefox, this is the OS info, I am going to try it out in IE.

• 4.  RE: Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

Posted Aug 17, 2012 06:15 PM

Worked Perfectly in IE, Thats peculiar. It wasn't taking me through the AAA portion of the Wlan setup in Firefox...

Thanks for the Solution!

• 5.  RE: Creating an additional SSID, Aruba 620

Posted Aug 17, 2012 07:21 PM

Just to let you know there is a bug with mozilla 14 and the wizard

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Campus-WLAN-and-High-Density-Wi/Mozilla-14-possible-bug-with-Aruba-Wizard/td-p/41118

Aruba is aware of that