Wireless Access

MVP

Re: Customers losing internet connectivity but connected to the SSID

OK I will try this.

Do you think this is better to do out of hours as clients would notice a drop out when the 40mhz is removed and have to reconnect?

Thanks

Scott McMullan | Senior Systems Engineer | Kainos | DD: +44 (0)28 9057 1517 | s.mcmullan@kainos.com
Guru Elite

If clients are not reconnecting automatically, I would wait until after hours.  If you are under pressure to fix it ASAP, I would make an announcement and then make the change.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

Hi Colin

Going to make this change this evening, but just trying to get my head around this.

I always believed that if most of your clients were on 802.11a then it would be best to have the 40mhz channels enabled

We have 200 clients per day roughly and the split is 90% and more are on 802.11a with the rest being 802.11g clients.

Is this going to still be ok to turn off 40mhz channels?  Can you explain breifly how it means there would be more channels as i am keen to learn about this

Guru Elite

scottm,

40mhz wide channels means that you are bonding together two 20mhz channels to make a single channel.  Numerically that means 40mhz uses half of the channels that 20mhz uses.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

Colin,

On the G arm profile it shows the 40mhz channels also to A Only - does this need changed also or because it is set to A only and A arm profile is set to none this does not need changed?

Thanks

Guru Elite

It does not need to be changed.  The 2.4ghz band will ignore if it is set to "a-only" or "none".

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Scott,

We are seeing a similar issue with AP-345s on ArubaOS 8.3.0.4.  Were you able to resolve your issue?

Thanks,

Adam

MVP

Unfortunately not still seeing the issue was hoping it was something to do with our internet circuit but if you are seeing a similar issue then I guess it’s unlikely :(

MVP

Adam 

I don't suppose you are using VRRP are you?

If so in your log history you are seeing anything strange about certain VRRP IDs not in an INIT State:

VRID 10: vrrp is not in INIT state

I don't think this has anything to do with the issue i am having but would rule it out if you are not using VRRP addresses and having similar issue

Occasional Contributor II

We are also seeing similar issues on AP-315 with MacBook Pros only.

iPads, Chromebooks, and Windows work fine.

I am upgrading to 8.3.0.5 as we speak, but there is nothing in the release notes about this issue.

iann

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: