Wireless Access

MVP

Re: Customers losing internet connectivity but connected to the SSID

Do the 325 Aps have a different kind of radio or higher throughput radio that when roaming to and from a 225 it could cause an issue? Is there a setting that I maybe need to look at to turn of VHT 80mhz or something on the controller?

MVP

Colin,

Please find attached the AP Neighbours for the 3 APS on the top floor (325) which seem to be seeing the most problems.

Thanks

MVP

Two users reported this today:

Had the same issue just now. Went to the meeting room 1.5 .  The machine got disconnected there, would not connect back. Came back to my desk, still had the same issue. Then had to restart it now to be able to get connectivity back.

--------

My issue today occurred today when I went into meeting room 1.5 from my desk (which at the back of the office). So appears to have been triggered my moving location. Was about 10:30 am.

Guru Elite

What is your regulatory domain and what are your allowed channels in the 40mhz spectrum?  You might not have enough channels to run 40mhz channels in that regulatory domain even with DFS.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

How can I check this?

I don't believe i have ever seen these settings before or even configured them so they will still be the defaults

MVP

reg-domain.png

Guru Elite

That is not it, but I think you should go to 20 mhz channels in the 5ghz ARM profile by setting the "allowed bands for 40mhz wide channels" to "none"

I dont think you have enough channels for 40mhz wide channels.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
MVP

Will this not greatly reduce the channels available for users especially on newer devices? there is 200 client connections on this site spread across 8 APs in total. So no one would be able to use the 40mhz band? Would you start even first by disabling the VHT radios or anything or just completely cut the 40mhz ?
MVP

Will this not greatly reduce the channels available for users especially on newer devices? there is 200 client connections on this site spread across 8 APs in total. So no one would be able to use the 40mhz band? Would you start even first by disabling the VHT radios or anything or just completely cut the 40mhz ?

Scott McMullan | Senior Systems Engineer | Kainos | DD: +44 (0)28 9057 1517 | s.mcmullan@kainos.com
Guru Elite

Going from 40mhz to 20 mhz channels increases the number of channels available.  VHT has nothing to do with this.  Both access points are 802.11ac (VHT) so it does not matter.  Eliminating or decreasing channel contention by going to 20mhz channels is an initial step.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: