Wireless Access

Contributor I

Re: D- Flag issue

3501G mid span poe injector and 4948 switch

Guru Elite

Are there any messages on the switch to indicate power problems? If not, I would try to see if there is a duplicate address on the network for that lms-ip.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

I will check from switch end. Any best way to find out whether ip is duplicated? Thanks in advance.

1 more query. lms-ip should be a physical ip or virtual ip..?

Guru Elite

You would have to disconnect the link on the controller and ping the lms-ip. The lms-ip can be virtual or physical.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars
Contributor I

But sad part is.. we face this issue in multiple locations.. ip cannot be duplicated in all places right.. but 1 relevance is wherever we have 7010 with 6.4.2.9 we face this issue. We recently upgraded to this version. :(

New Contributor

Im having the same error code. 2930 does not indicate duplicate IP address. Also the site is managed by APC, and it has a VC. No physical controller.

System info:

VC = RAP325 Version: 6.5.4.5

( This is an AWE Account, Certain information is not permitted to be posted on this site) 

AP is connected to Aruba 2920 Version: WB.16.04.0008

This is the Port Config:

Running configuration:

interface 1/22
poe-allocate-by value
poe-value 33
dhcp-snooping trust
tagged vlan ** Omitted **
untagged vlan 802  <------------ VLAN for AP's
spanning-tree bpdu-protection
loop-protect
arp-protect trust
exit

We cannot upgrade FW to higher version. This version is the approved version for the account.

We checked for VC-Relection bug - was fixed by turning off all AP's minus 2, failed over to new VC, and power cycled the old VC.

This did not seems to resolve the issue either 

Is there anything you can suggest or have me check?

Guru Elite

The original poster has a controller-based solution.  The infrastructure does not seem to match your issue.

ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Technical Webinars

I suggest opening a new thread on this for visibility. Your issue is not the same as the original post in this topic, since you're using Instant APs without a controller, different AP model, different version, etc.

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: