Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP Finger Printing

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  DHCP Finger Printing

Posted Jan 18, 2019 04:46 AM

I tried configuring the controller (7205, AOS 6.5.4.6) for DHCP finger printing. Objective is to prevent IOS and Android devices to connect to Corporate SSID. Wireless client using 802.1x authentication to radius server.

User roles and user derivation rules created, used the sample finger printing 370103060F77FC, 3C64686370636420342E302E3135. Updated the AAA profile for the user derivation rules but wireless client still not changing the roles.

Ran logging level debugging network, show log network all | include Options but nothing is showing. show log network all | include DHCP and devices can been seen requesting DHCP.

I tried changing the user rules from Equals 370103060F77FC to start with 37 and the device managed to switch roles.

Do I need to set anything on the DHCP server for the "Options" setting ? etc option 55, option 60.

Raymond Fong.

• 2.  RE: DHCP Finger Printing

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 24, 2019 10:18 AM

hi Raymond

please try with logging as:

logging level debugging network process dhcpd subcat all

that should show the options in the network debug and allow you to verify the fingerprint is as you expect.