Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DRT upgrade problem

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  DRT upgrade problem

Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:06 AM

Hi all,

I am working with controller 7010 and APs 334 and i faced a problem that all my APs entered Air Monitor mode evenif RF mangement for both radios are set to AP-Mode.  Then I tried to upgrade my controller's DRT version but unable to make it. I copied .dat file to flash using USB and after that i checked my flash but there is no file i copied. I appriciate if anyone can help me by showing steps i have to follow to upgrade or another way to bring my APs to AP-mode.  

The OS version is 6.5.4.1

DRT version: 1.0_58653

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:17 AM

Have you followed the below?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/DRT/Content/ReleaseNotes/Upgrade/DownloadableRegulatoryTable.htm

Also what is the regulatory domain of the controller/APs? 

• 3.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

Posted Jan 16, 2020 07:59 AM
      |   view attached

Thank you for your immidiate reply!

Yes i followed that steps. It says file copied successfully when i copied using USB but not exsist on the flash or in regulatory file list. 

The regulatory domain profile is attached below.

• 4.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:02 AM

Odd, I ususally do it via TFTP without issues. When you run the CLI 'dir' do you not see it there? Want to share the output? Also try enabling it via the CLI

ap regulatory activate <filename>.dat

What country code have you configured for the regulatory domain profile you will be using?

Are you certain the AP is supported in the regulatory domain you have configured?

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/DRT/Default.htm#ReleaseNotes/Countries/1_CountriesIntro.htm%3FTocPath%3DCountries%7C_____0

• 5.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:32 AM

When i tried to activate through CLI, it says not found.

(IP_WC1)# ap regulatory activate reg-data-1.0_73798.dat

File reg-data-1.0_73798.dat not found.

There is no my country(Ethiopia) in the list but i found in the 

Configuration > AP Group > Edit "IP_wireless" AP profile detail of 'Regulatory domain'

And check attached docs.

• 6.  RE: DRT upgrade problem
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 16, 2020 08:37 AM

The file must not be uploaded correctly. Have you tried using an alternative method instead of USB? Did you verify the file was uploaded correctly by issuing the 'dir' command? What is the country code of the controller set to? As a test, can you chance the country code and regulatory domain to a support country? 

• 7.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:14 AM
    Thank you so much Craig Syme I have changed a country code of controller set to on regulatory domain to a supported country and it worked! Thank you again!

• 8.  RE: DRT upgrade problem

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jan 22, 2020 04:50 AM
    You’re welcome :)

Sent from my iPhone