Wireless Access

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Database Cleanup

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  Database Cleanup

Posted Jan 12, 2012 01:54 PM

Collin,  A while back you had a command to use to putty into the controllers and clean up the old ap's that were no longer in use or had been deleted.....Can you repost that command.  I can't see to find it.

Thanks, Donna

• 2.  RE: Database Cleanup
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 12, 2012 02:21 PM

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I use the following command to get rid of  AP's no longer in use but it you have to run it per AP.

Master_3600) #clear gap-db ap-name  AP_NAME_HERE

Master_3600) #clear gap-db wired-mac  MAC_HERE

• 3.  RE: Database Cleanup

Posted Jan 12, 2012 02:29 PM

OK, wasn't sure if you had a "global" one you could run to clean out all the down ap's on that controller.

• 4.  RE: Database Cleanup

Posted Jan 12, 2012 02:33 PM

You can clear the entire WMS Database by running

#wms clean-db  

(I am not recommending that it clears the entire wms DB).

But I have never seen a command ran to clear all inactive or duplicate IPs, you would think you could run a command to delete them based on the flags but it doesnt work.

• 5.  RE: Database Cleanup

Posted Jan 12, 2012 02:44 PM

Ok, thanks for your suggestion!

• 6.  RE: Database Cleanup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 12, 2012 06:40 PM

@Donna wrote:

OK, wasn't sure if you had a "global" one you could run to clean out all the down ap's on that controller.

****DO NOT use wms clean-db!  You will clear out much more than you bargained for!

Donna,

You would use the "lms" portion of the command which should clear out every AP that is down, that terminated on the ip address of the controller.  For example, if i wanted to clear all the aps that are down on a controller, I would do:

clear gap-db lms <ip address of controller>