Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Decrypt tunnel mode

This thread has been viewed 42 times
  • 1.  Decrypt tunnel mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:07 AM

Hello all,

A. What will be a scenario in which  using Decrypt Tunnel mode be beneficial ? Or to put in another way - is it not always better to use Tunnel mode on the access points ?

B. In Aruba OS8 documentation it says, "Decrypt-tunnel mode allows an AP-client pair to take full advantage of Aggregated-Media Access Control (MAC) Service Data Units (A-MSDUs) and Aggregated-MAC Packet Data Units (A-MPDUs) without requiring the wired network to transport jumbo frames".  I didnt quite understand what this means ?

Thanks in advance :)

Rahul Nair.

• 2.  RE: Decrypt tunnel mode
    Best Answer

• 3.  RE: Decrypt tunnel mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 06:23 AM

• 4.  RE: Decrypt tunnel mode

Posted Aug 04, 2023 10:39 AM

Unfortunately the link no longer works :(

• 5.  RE: Decrypt tunnel mode

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2023 04:41 AM

If you copy the text for the link: https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/What-is-decrypt-tunnel-mode-and-how-does-it-work/ta-p/179466 it works for me... clicking the link doesn't.

New location is here.

------------------------------
    Herman Robers
    ------------------------
    If you have urgent issues, always contact your Aruba partner, distributor, or Aruba TAC Support. Check https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/ for how to contact Aruba TAC. Any opinions expressed here are solely my own and not necessarily that of Hewlett Packard Enterprise or Aruba Networks.

In case your problem is solved, please invest the time to post a follow-up with the information on how you solved it. Others can benefit from that.
    ------------------------------

• 6.  RE: Decrypt tunnel mode

Posted Aug 07, 2023 04:52 AM

That's great, thank you Herman.