Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

Posted Jul 18, 2016 01:59 PM

Wondering if I am missing something.  I have for awhile been leveraging the Server Group to define Capitive Portal Roles after a user has logged on but wondered why the drop down within the Internal DB for Role doesn't function.  Should that work?  Running 6.4.2.15.

Thanks,

Evan

• 2.  RE: Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

Posted Jul 19, 2016 12:07 PM

The role attribute in the internal database requires a server group with the internal database as the authentication server and a server derivation rule set-up to read the role value:

Capture.JPG

This is classed as a server derivation rule and falls in the order documented at the below link:

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_62_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Firewall_Roles/User_Role_Assignments.htm

• 3.  RE: Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:22 AM

So if I understand this correctly the Internal DB Role Drop Down list is only setting that Attribute Field.  Then I can set a Server Rule to identify the Role Attribute that was selected from the Drop Down List and upon match that will assign the correct User Role Access Control?

• 4.  RE: Defining a Role for Captive Portal User

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 08, 2016 10:48 AM

Yes.