Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Degraded performance through RAP5

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Degraded performance through RAP5

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 03, 2012 02:50 AM

We are seeing a decreased throughput on a RAP5 when used over a satellite link. However when connecting directly to the modem the throughput is fine. We've confirmed that all port speeds are correct, no difference when using split-tunnel or tunneling mode. We've asked the client to use IPSec via the modem but still waiting on a response. There's no QoS enabled on the RAP. Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Degraded performance through RAP5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 03, 2012 04:53 AM

There could be a number of reasons, like MTU and overhead on a slow link, why traffic from the RAP5 is slow.  This is on top of the fact that satellite links are probably one of the slowest and most unreliable links for communications.  Is there any other communication over this satellite link?

• 3.  RE: Degraded performance through RAP5

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 03, 2012 10:35 AM

I don't believe the RAP is at fault but I am looking to prove this. I've asked for an IPSec connection to be tested directly to the modem to see if the issue is still occuring. The MTU is currently set to1024 on the controller. Waiting for some results on testing now :)