Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell/Aruba IAP-105

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Apr 16, 2014 11:30 AM

I have two Dell branded IAP-105s and two Aruba branded IAP-105s...I want them to work together as a happy little family (aka one network, one management interface).  I was hoping to flash them all with the same firmware...but I can't seem to come across anything on either the Aruba or Dell sites.  Is there something that can be done to make them sympatico?

Thanks!

-Nick C

• 2.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2014 12:04 PM

It suppose that you should not do that... and the tac will not help you if something bad happen...

But you should be able to upload the firmware upgrade but with the aruba firmware on dell AP

I have seem Alcatel IAPS with ArubaNetworks firmware.... 

I did not do that myself.. the client did themselve...

So like i told you if they could do it you can do it i guess...  But have in mind that TAC will not help you if they find out this.

Cheers

Carlos

• 3.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Apr 16, 2014 12:16 PM

Thanks NightShade1.  I understand the risk, and what you're suggesting is what I was thinking should work.  Any idea where I can get my hands on either version of the firmware for a clean burn of the units?

Thanks!

-Nick C.

• 4.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Apr 16, 2014 12:20 PM

The firwmare you should be able to get it with  your support account

If you dont have one then create  a new one

http://support.arubanetworks.com/

Go to register
    and register yourlseft

If you register and you get your user and pass then you should be able to donwload firmware from aruba support site7

Lets hope nothing bad happens when you doing this

Cheers

Carlos

• 5.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Jul 22, 2014 11:44 AM

Did flashing the aruba firmware to the dells work?  I have the same issue.

• 6.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Jul 23, 2014 09:32 AM

Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of the firmware :-(

ncallahanprd@stms.org

• 7.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Nov 27, 2017 12:38 PM

Nick, here's your firmware, I think:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/Default.aspx

Carlos,

If I understand correctly, in theory I can flash my Dell branded Aruba IAP-105 currently at 6.2.1.0-3.3.0.3_39227 to ArubaInstant_Orion_6.4.4.8-4.2.4.6_58505 and it should work, but I'm doing so at my work risk and is thusly unsupported by Aruba?

Thank you,

Austin

• 8.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Feb 22, 2018 03:53 AM

Hi Nick,

Did you manage the flash the Del IAP with the Aruba firmware?

• 9.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:46 PM
    I went Aruba to Dell...but the hardware is the same and you should be able to go the other direction. With that said...I don’t think either side is patching these anymore.

• 10.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:50 PM

For what its worth...

I have a dell aruba controller...flashed over to straight aruba...the issue we have had has been in getting licensing for what we use.  We couldn't get any more dell licensing, so we switched over...then had some issues with licensing.  Sorry that isn't very specific (or at all), but for what its worth, i have purchased both Dell 9x aps, dell 8x aps, dell iap 105s, i have a couple of aruba 135 ap's (no instant ap)...and they all seem to play nicely together so far.  I'll see if i can find any additional info on our setup that is useful (like firmware)...No promises.

• 11.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Feb 25, 2018 05:51 PM

Thanks for the responses. I did flash both ways Aruba to Dell and Dell back to Aruba. The problem is I cannot find a version of firmware for the IAP105 and IAP315 that are the same. It seems they wont work with each other unless the firware versions are the same and there does not seem to be any firmware version that is the same for both.

• 12.  RE: Dell/Aruba IAP-105

Posted Jun 24, 2018 01:40 PM

I generally try to keep one generation of separation between my APs.

See this article:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controllerless-Networks/Joining-IAP-104-to-IAP-315-cluster/td-p/280692