Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell Mobility Controller W-7205 missing radio statistics

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Dell Mobility Controller W-7205 missing radio statistics

Posted Jan 16, 2019 02:14 AM
      |   view attached

Hello dear community,

I have tried searching through the internet about this but couldn't find any information that would have helped me. We have a Dell Mobility Controller W-7205 and we luckily have few extra licenses in the system but as we needed new Access Points to our network we had to purchase HPE Aruba APs. We installed Aruba 315 IAP to the network and it works flawlessly except that the controller does not show any statistics of the AP. Do any of you happen to have any idea why this is?

I have seen that some of the information shows briefly (not sure if it's correct) and when the page refreshes it disappears again. See the attached picture for reference. The Dell Mobility Controller is running version 6.5.4.4. Is this something that could be fixed by software upgrade? Are there new software upgrades for this Dell Mobility Controller with Dell licenses? Does the newer ArubaOS 8.x versions go well with this controller? What log file should show something relevant to this as I have not been able to find the cause?

• 2.  RE: Dell Mobility Controller W-7205 missing radio statistics

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 16, 2019 06:42 AM

Aruba does not cross-test Aruba APs with Dell controllers and vice/versa so it might be hard to say if this is a problem with  the dual controller approach or not.  Have you upgraded to the latest software available?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache?

• 3.  RE: Dell Mobility Controller W-7205 missing radio statistics

Posted Jan 16, 2019 07:56 AM

Well, I'm not quite certain can this controller be updated to ArubaOS 8.x or not as it is Dell branded Mobility Controller and how does it affect the licenses. We are running version 6.5.4.4 which is rather old.

I tried clearing the browser cache but it didn't change the situation. Everything else is OK but statistics missing. I'm a bit baffled as it sometimes shows some information, like channel utilization, quality etc, througput and usage(bps) is always missing. And even though the controller shows for example 6 clients connected to the AP the chart always says 0 clients. It's like it is sending data, but controller doesn't know what to do with it. I just don't know where could I find what is wrong.