Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Dell and Aruba

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Dell and Aruba

Posted Jan 02, 2018 08:29 AM

Hi, we have a network full with Dell Aruba's W-IAP205 and i need more of them. But Dell doesn't deliver them anymore. Can i use Aruba's IAP-205 in the same network? I know it isn't supported, but i can't throw all the Dells away and buy all new Aruba's.

I upgraded the Dell's to (Dell) version 6.5.4.3 and two Aruba's to the same (Aruba) version. The Aruba's work fine on a standalone switch, but on the same network as the Dell's the led's keep flashing on the Aruba's.

Then i made one Aruba master and changed the admin password on it. That Aruba is working fine, but the other Aruba (also with a new password) is still flashing as if it can't startup.

Does anyone knows a solution? If it's not supported i don't care.

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Dell and Aruba

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 03, 2018 07:00 AM

The official way is to talk to your Aruba Sales Person. We could convert them under some conditions into Aruba IAPs and than it is official supported.

• 3.  RE: Dell and Aruba

Posted Jan 04, 2018 04:01 AM

Thank you, that is good to know. When i posted this question at the same time i mailed to HP, but no responce yet. I will call them.

If i don't like their answer, is there a way to get two wifi networks (Dell and Aruba) working on the same network? I have to write the changes to two wifi networks i think but that is no problem.