Wireless Access

Guru Elite

Re: Dell laptops over utilizing G radio none connect using A radio

RF goes much further outdoors.  You can get 300 foot coverage depending on the type of access point and whether or not you use external antennas with the same transmit power.  Outdoor coverage requires special planning and is not covered by what I mentioned above.  I was assuming that it was indoors with medium to high density.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Regular Contributor I

I was only asking because I wanted to know if we could just use one ARM profile for everything or if we should break it up. I did make 3 profilies high density, Med, outdoor. Most of our outdoor AP's are 114's with flat panel antenna's have wide angle of covfrage I get what you mean that the antenna gain will compensate for lower power output. I guess what I'm asking is that really nesscary in real world situation in your experince to even have more then one power level just set everything to the same lower power leveles. Is there any plan to allow the controller to have more control over power output then 6 DB? 

Guru Elite

To be clear, you should have different ARM profiles for different locations.  The recommendation to have a range of power of only 6 is only a recommendation so that the power does not vary too much from AP to AP.  You can configure a broader range...it is just a recommendation.  If in a space your AP transmit power varies by more than 6, you can have an AP that has low transmit power and one that has much higher transmit power.  The clients will want to stick to the AP with the higher transmit power and refuse to roam in many circumstances; that could cause issues.  AP transmit power should be as uniform as possible in an environment where you want smooth roaming.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Regular Contributor I

That's what we will do then thanks. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for