Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Detailed Device Logs on Aruba Controllers

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Detailed Device Logs on Aruba Controllers

Posted Mar 27, 2019 02:30 AM

We have a work setup with 3 Aruba7030 controllers running Aruba OS 8.2 and 60 access points and a nagging issue of devices temporarily losing connection on the network. I have placed a select number of devices on AirWave watched clients but could not get the specific information I was looking for. Is there any way of finding out which end devices (mac addresses) are on any given access point at any point in time and what band they are connected through (2.4 or 5Ghz)?

As per attached image, I can see the number of connected clients on an AP but cannot identify the specific clients.

2019-03-27_171755.png

Are there any logs on the controllers or any other way of getting the information?

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: Detailed Device Logs on Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2019 04:41 AM

I don't think there is a way to see what devices were on an access point at a specific time period in Airwave.

To try to deal with your client "dropping" issue, do you have "Drop Broadcasts and Unknown Multicast" enabled on your Virtual APs?

• 3.  RE: Detailed Device Logs on Aruba Controllers

Posted Apr 01, 2019 07:11 PM

Thanks @cjoseph, would you be aware of ways of getting that information from aruba controller logs? I would imagine there will be detailed logs that can be accessed by date post the event of interest.

• 4.  RE: Detailed Device Logs on Aruba Controllers

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 01, 2019 10:05 PM

You would have to enable user debug ahead of time to look at the user roaming from access point to access point.  Even so, it would not group it by users on access points, it would only show user movements between access points.