Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

Posted Jan 22, 2013 01:16 AM

Hi 

I am trying to understand the working of the broadcast-filter arp at two places.

1. Broadcast-filter ARP in the stateful firewall Configuration > Advanced Services > Stateful Firewall > Broadcast-filter-arp.

2. Broadcast-filter ARP in the VAP. 

• 2.  RE: Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2013 09:16 AM

Enabling it under the Stateful firewall settings will enable it globally.  There is no indication that it is enabled globally at the VAP level.

• 3.  RE: Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

Posted Jan 22, 2013 08:06 PM

Thank you CJ.

If i enable broadcast-filter-arp in the global firewall settings, its not need that i should have it enabled on each VAP i have got on the controller? 

or should i have to turn the broadcast-filter-arp both at the VAP and as well as in the global-firewall settings? 

• 4.  RE: Difference between Broadcast-filter ARP in the global stateful firewall and in VAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 22, 2013 08:34 PM

If you turn on broadcast filter arp  AND broadcast filter all at the VAP level, you will be good.  You do NOT need to do the same thing at the global level.  It is also easier to troubleshoot when you can see both settings at the VAP level, to be sure.