Wireless Access

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Difference between Controllers only and Controllers with Mobility Master

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Difference between Controllers only and Controllers with Mobility Master

Posted Sep 08, 2019 09:17 PM

Good Morning

I am providing a solution against Cisco APs and Controllers end of sale products and need to be cost effective solution. 

The requirement is 2 controllers with 200 APs. This is easy part and i can provide the appropriate controller and aps. However.......

If i start to include the mobility Master and Airwave on top of controller and APs, then the solution becomes expensive.

1. What do i loose if i dont include Mobility Master and propose controller only? 

2. Is ARUBA going to continue to support Controller only with APs and license option as they did in 6.x? or force to use Mobility Master in future?

3. I can somehow justify Airwave management as an option.

Thanks

Harry

• 2.  RE: Difference between Controllers only and Controllers with Mobility Master
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 04:40 AM

Hey,

1) If you do not run a MM with AOS8 you not be able to use Clustering, AirMatch, Centralized App Support (UCC, AppRF), Live Upgrades and no Centralized Visibility.

2) Not for me to answer/know :)

3) Does the customer need historical data for their environment? If so then consider AirWave. AirWave also has a whole host of rich features which maybe required. Without understanding the customers requirements it is difficult to provide an answer.

• 3.  RE: Difference between Controllers only and Controllers with Mobility Master

Posted Sep 09, 2019 04:45 AM

Thank you Craig, preparing before meeting the customer for requirements.