Wireless Access

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Different types of IPhones can not connect

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Different types of IPhones can not connect

Posted Jun 24, 2016 02:22 AM

Hi All,

Oooh Man we are having a wierd issue and i hope someone could shed some lite on it,

We are using 7240 controllers with code 6.4.4.4 (early deployment) and APs 105,225 and 325. the reason we are running early deployment is to support ap 325. in one of our high density area we got many complaints from IPhone users (all version from IOS 9.3 and below)..they connect to our wireless ssid after 5 or 6 retries ( shut off the device) and if they wanted to roam they get disconnect ed . i have noticed that  the users who are not connected , are sitting around an AP 325..and no one is able to connect to it although coverage is excellent...when i rebooted the ap people started to connect. it felt like this AP325 was in a hanged state.

Now my question is :

1- Why the AP325 is in a hanged state, will not work till you boot it?

2- Why does an iphone device takes a long time to connect?

3-Why an iphone disconnects when it roams, althougth the coverage is excellent (-65dbm) anywhere you roam?

We have done the best fine tuning in that area, even we have created seperate ssids per radio to accomodate old devices ( ssid for 5ghz, and ssid for 2.4ghz)....the problem mainly comes during peak hours

we have 1500 users at a time and we have 83 APs (AP325) in that area.

Please share your input/recommendations or your experience .

Thanks,

farah

• 2.  RE: Different types of IPhones can not connect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2016 06:07 AM
    I would first upgrade to 6.4.4.8 (which is now GA) first. It is possible that you are running into an issue that is already fixed.

• 3.  RE: Different types of IPhones can not connect

Posted Jun 24, 2016 10:18 AM

Hi collins,

Will do and let you know.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: Different types of IPhones can not connect

Posted Jun 24, 2016 10:28 AM

Hi collins,

Is the AP325 hanging becuse of a bug on the current code (6.4.4.4)?

i need to know before the upgrade.

Thanks,

• 5.  RE: Different types of IPhones can not connect
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 24, 2016 11:38 AM
    I don't know
    You should open a TAC case to determine that. I do know that 6.4.4.8 is GA code, though