Wireless Access

Highlighted
Contributor I

Discrepancy in user count (GUI Vs. CLI)

Hi All,

I'm trying to understand the cause of a descrepancy I'm seeing in the number of reported users between the CLI and the GUI on a 7240.

As an example when I do a show user-table from the CLI I see  User Entries: 34/34. When I look int the GUI of the same controller I see Clients 14. I could understand a difference of one or two clients, but the CLI is reporting over 2x the number of clients that the GUI is reporting..  

Has anyone else run into this? Controller is running 8.3.0.3.

Thanks,

Pete

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Discrepancy in user count (GUI Vs. CLI)

Hello Pete, 

GUI data is comming from the MM I am guessing. 

Just a suggestion, is it possible you are logged into one of the MC rather than MM and the CLI figure may only be showing clients connected to it.

If that's not the case I'd advise to raise it with TAC, it may be a cosmetic error. 

Regards, 

DSP

Highlighted
Contributor I

Hey DSP,

Thanks for the reply. I ended up opening a TAC case and TAC has in turn filed an engineering ticket. Looks like it might in fact be a bug.. I reply to this thread once I have an update.

Highlighted
Contributor II

Hi Pete, 

Was it a bug in the end? 

DSP

Highlighted
Contributor I

Hi,

Sorry this took me a while to follow up on...

Though it seems like a strange behavior to me, according to TAC it's actually expected becasue we have extended the 'User idle timeout' to 180 minutes from the default of 5.

Config change:

Capture.PNG

According to TAC: 'It seems like the user count on the Web UI shows the correct count (the users that are connected) and the CLI shows active users as well as idle users because of the AAA timer configured for 180 minutes.'

We have verified TACs analysis.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: