Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

Posted Jun 05, 2013 02:02 PM

In the first line below, you can see the command that I attempted to run to go from 7.5.something to 7.6.4.  According to the Airwave system info graph, both of our volumes are 85% or more empty and yet it's telling me that there will not be enough room to migrate.  Thoughts? 

[root@airwave mercury]# start_amp_upgrade -v 7.6.4 
    Directory not specified; using /root. 
    Upgrade script found in local cache. 
    Upgrade package AMP-7.6.4-x86_64-cvs.tar.gz was not found in local cache. 
    Upgrade package AMP-7.6.4-x86_64-cvs.tar.gz was not found in local cache. 
    Checking for any patches or modifications to the code 
    This process may take a few minutes... 
    svn: warning: '.' is not a working copy 
    No outstanding changes were found. Continuing with the upgrade. 

Base class package "Mercury::Implements" is empty. 
    (Perhaps you need to 'use' the module which defines that package first, 
    or make that module available in @INC (@INC contains: /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl /root/svn/devtoys/rally/lib /root/svn/devtoys/bug_emails /root/svn/devtoys/farm /opt/airwave/lib64/perl5/5.10.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /opt/airwave/lib/perl5/5.10.1 /opt/airwave/local/lib64/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.1 /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl /opt/airwave/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1/x86_64-linux-thread-multi /opt/airwave/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.1 /opt/airwave/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /opt/airwave/lib/perl5/vendor_perl /opt/airwave/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 /opt/airwave/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 .). 
    at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/Utility/Store.pm line 12 
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/Utility/Store.pm line 12. 
    Compilation failed in require at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/Airbus/Client.pm line 21. 
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/Airbus/Client.pm line 21. 
    Compilation failed in require at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 19. 
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/DB/Q.pm line 19. 
    Compilation failed in require at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/MigrateRRD/CheckAWRRDMigrationSpace.pm line 14. 
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /root/svn/mercury/lib/perl/Mercury/MigrateRRD/CheckAWRRDMigrationSpace.pm line 14. 
    Compilation failed in require. 
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted. 
    The estimated amount of disk space needed for data migration during the 
    upgrade process exceeds your currently available disk space. 
    Upgrade aborted. 
    Please contact Aruba Networks Support at 
    1-800-WiFi-LAN or support@arubanetworks.com 
    svn: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy 
    [root@airwave mercury]#

• 2.  RE: Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

Posted Jun 05, 2013 04:32 PM

It's recommended to decrease some logs & old reports <> Do it and try to upgrade agian.

• 3.  RE: Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2013 12:12 PM

If cleaning up logs and old backup files doesn't clear enough space, open a support case to work with support.  They may be able to come up with alternative methods to assist you through the upgrade process.

Some data points to know: available hard disk space, RAM available vs used, size of rrd store

The upgrade script attempts to do the migration in RAM, if RAM is not available, it should try to leverage the available hard disk space.  If the number of RRDs is very large, it may be worth it to age out past client data temporarily to perform the upgrade.  If this isn't an option, then working with support is going to be the best route.

• 4.  RE: Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

Posted Jun 07, 2013 01:24 PM

With most of my constituents home for the summer, I think it's pretty safe to delete a large chunk of our logs and reports, but what might be the most efficient and safe way to do so?  (either by web UI or CLI)

Other question:  Does the line that keeps cropping up for me - "svn: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy" - look familiar?  I have done almost no customization to the system aside from a couple upgrades that would have precipitated some kind of error.  If I go up to the root and change to the "svn" directory, I notice that its contents includes two more directories: svn and mercury.  I'm wondering if the structure ended up doing something weird.

• 5.  RE: Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 07, 2013 02:17 PM

Easiest way to clean up old data&colon;

Update AMP Setup -> General tab -> Historical Data Retention intervals

You can do something similar to this:

hdr.jpg

And then after 2 days, return all the 1 values back to whatever the previous value was.  It's handy if you take a screen cap of the existing HDR values.

I've also sent you a private message to see about helping with the svn 'is not a working copy' error.  Please also open a support case so that they can keep track of this issue.

• 6.  RE: Disk appears full when trying to upgrade

Posted Jun 07, 2013 02:30 PM

rgin method should work for you.

In the past i had a smiler issue - and i did the following: (and got 270GB free space)

We can reduce the number of days to 60 for historical data retention on Airwave. Please follow these steps to change the historical data retention value :

1)      Navigate to AMP Setup Page and give value 60 for all the sections in historical data retention where the number of days are more than 60.

2)      Then click on Save and Apply

3)      Wait for one day as because the next day nightly backup will store only the 60 days data and will reduce the database size.

s.png