Wireless Access

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

Posted Mar 25, 2015 02:12 AM
    I have a question.

Currently I have 2 site location and already setup site-to-site tunnel. However, one of the site location (location A) request to do NAT so that the network traffic able to NAT and go to location B by S-S tunnel.

Is NAT able to work in site-to-site tunnel? If yes, kindly provide the guide or reference to do the configuration. if no, is there any workaround able to done in Aruba controller beside purchase a NAT device.

Additional info:
    the location A do not use AP. All users are connected to a layer 3 switch and the layer 3 switch connected to Aruba controller

• 2.  RE: Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

Posted Mar 25, 2015 04:59 AM
    A. can u please draw a short diagrm of your current deployment / s2s infrastrcute.
    B. does the aruba controller on location A the device that doing the s2s?

• 3.  RE: Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

Posted Mar 26, 2015 12:11 AM

Hi, 

A. Below is the short diagram for the S2S infrastucture.

diagram.jpg

B. Both location (A & B) already done S2S tunnel. 

• 4.  RE: Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

Posted Mar 26, 2015 05:49 AM

Hi,

If I'm not wrong NATing is configured at L3 Switch right ? if so, I believe controller will pass the traffic through the tunnel.

• 5.  RE: Do NAT able to set inside a site-to-site tunnel?

Posted Mar 25, 2015 06:12 AM

Hi. 

I believe you have IPSec tunnel (Site to Site). if so why do you want to NAT the traffic ? correct me if I understood it wrongly.