Wireless Access

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

Down AP and removing it from Controller

Good day.  We have have an Aruba 6.4 wireless controller.  We recently had an AP malfunction.  Aruba sent a replacement AP which was connected to the network and is appearing in the Default AP group.  Now I want to remove the down AP from the database.  Is it removed via the command line using the clear gap-db wired-mac command?  Or can I do this using the GUI?  We want to provision the new AP with the same name as what the down AP had.  Just want to verify I have the correct process to remove the down AP from the database.  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Re: Down AP and removing it from Controller

Yes, you can delete the defect AP with the command "clear gap-db wired-mac". In 6.x there is no GUI command for that, this feature is recent add in the latest ArubaOS 8.6 version.

If your new AP is "up" in the default ap-group, just re-provision it with the correct name and ap-group.

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
MVP Expert
MVP Expert

Re: Down AP and removing it from Controller

Yes, you can delete the defect AP with the command "clear gap-db wired-mac". In 6.x there is no GUI command for that, this feature is recent add in the latest ArubaOS 8.6 version.

If your new AP is "up" in the default ap-group, just re-provision it with the correct name and ap-group.

Kind Regards Marcel Koedijk
HPE ASE Flexnetwork | ACMP | ACCP | Ekahau ECSE Design - Was this post usefull, Kudos are welcome.

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: