Wireless Access

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 13 times
  • 1.  Dynamic vlan

Posted Oct 29, 2016 11:54 PM

Hi All,

I need to know how to proceed with this issue that i have, i have an SSID that is already in production and is working fine. The customer wanted another SSID for guest. But i wanted to use the same SSID for the 2 vlans. and have the Clearpass or AAA server decise which vlan the user should be in based on credential. the question is , should i create another vap for the guest or just add the vlan to the current vap?

• 2.  RE: Dynamic vlan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2016 12:49 AM

What is the encryption and authentication for the existing WLAN?

• 3.  RE: Dynamic vlan

Posted Oct 30, 2016 12:57 AM

Hi ,

the authentication is  based on user name/password thru Clearpass.

• 4.  RE: Dynamic vlan

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2016 01:00 AM

It is captive portal, is it 802.1x?

• 5.  RE: Dynamic vlan

Posted Oct 30, 2016 02:10 AM

Hi Collin,

its not a captive portal its 802.1x .

Thanks.

• 6.  RE: Dynamic vlan
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2016 07:11 AM
    You could change the VLAN based on the credentials of the users who connect and service the users of two SSIDs with one 802.1x SSID. Why you would NOT do that, is that it is difficult to get guest users to connect to a 802.1x SSID in the first place... It is easier for users if you setup a captive portal which allows you to give instructions and manage guest credentials for guests. It would be two difficult to do that for the first population with a single SSID that does 802.1x.,